3 months ago
Employee Relations Advisor (ER)
Based Stonecross, Golborne
To support in providing first-class Employee Relations advisory support ensuring a consistent and professional service is provided throughout the group at all times, in a growing, changing, fast-paced environment. You’ll be part of a national ER team that forms a fundamental part of the overall People function.
What we’ll expect the job to look like:
* Provide Line Managers with expert ER advice and guidance, ensuring the advice and support given is proactive, accurate and timely
* First point of contact for colleagues for all ER issues across the Group
* Ensure that ER advice to colleagues is in-line with company values, policies and procedures, HR best practice plus prevailing legislative and regulatory requirements in order to minimise the risk to the organisation
* Ability to establish the upfront facts of the potential case and coach Line Manager on next steps
* Influence business functions to drive transformation to embrace the ’10 Year Plan’.
* Participate in the upskilling and behavioural improvements within the management team around ER issues and processes
* Challenge & improve people policies/processes/practices to ensure alignment with The 10 Year Plan and new ways of working
What we hope you can demonstrate:
* ER experience - managing high volumes of cases & change management processes
* Level 5 CIPD or Level 3 CIPD plus relevant experience
* Ability to work independently and to show initiative
* Good communication skills
* Willingness to travel
* We’re largely industry agnostic when we look for new people, and welcome diversity of thought from many sectors. It’s worth noting however that you will be required to manage cases across our entire colleague population
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company founded in 1951. We are passionate about improving lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, Murphy provides a range of construction services to infrastructure sectors including rail, water, power and natural resources. Headquartered in London, we also boast a number of related businesses – Construction, Development & Property Services; PTS; Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant, and Urban Realm.