5 months ago
Equities Algo Developer
* Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 18027231
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The London Algorithmic Trading Technology team is expanding. We are seeking to add a strong developer to the team to help with the delivery of the next generation platform currently being built.
The role will require an individual with experience in the low latency field, previous history of delivery and a good understanding of Algorithmic Trading. There will be a particular focus on EMEA deliveries, working directly with the business stakeholders and other tech teams to ensure a clear understanding of the changes, risk management and tracking of delivery. However as this is a globally developed platform, there is a requirement for this individual to work closely with other members of the team globally to ensure success.
Role / Position Overview:
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work within the Equities Technology group and work closely with a front-office business unit and established technology teams to develop our strategically important platform.
The Equities business has set an ambitious growth plan, and strong technical development is critical to achieving our goals and enhancing our leading position in the financial market. The successful candidate will play a key role in that success. This is a fast paced, challenging team of highly experienced technologists and you will be expected to have very strong prior front office experience.
This is a key position, working with C/C++ and Java Development tech leads. This position involves: Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with the business users and other technology teams to define solutions. Development of the algorithmic trading applications and components, as part of a global development effort. Liaison with support and development teams. Third line support of the platform during trading hours.
* Communicate effectively with both the development leads and their teams
* Use technical skills to ensure business requirements are understood at all levels of development
* Knowledge of the full development life-cycle including agile practices
* Assist with troubleshooting and issue resolution across development, support and technical business users
* Establish strong working relationships across different technology areas (QA, Support, etc.)
* Successful delivery within the region
* Provide ongoing support after implementation, whilst working on new enhancements and additional phases.
* Front office business/Quants to understand the requirements and market structure changes
* Equities/Markets development teams
* Citigroup’s infrastructure teams: Systems Administrators, Database Administrators, Messaging Administrators, Networks Engineers
* This is a great opportunity to join a high performing and successful group of developers within a Global leading Investment Bank as they build & roll out the next generation of algorithmic trading technology across asset classes. The bank has a great reputation and over recent years has cemented themselves as one of the most forwarding thinking technology driven US banks, investing heavily in new technologies/systems.
* You will play a key role within algorithmic trading technology regionally and globally as you develop with Citi’s London site. This role is ideally suited for a very delivery focused technologist and someone looking to gain a lot of exposure to trading/sales.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
* 23 days paid annual leave
* Award winning pension scheme,
* Life assurance and
* Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
* Understanding of design patterns and best software practices.
* Good experience with CI and automated delivery
* Strong C++ and Java knowledge
* Experience of working with UNIX/Linux
* Ability to convey technical functionality to Quants, Traders and Support.
* Experience of working in a trading environment
* Good Technical and Project Coordination skills
* Document technical designs
* Computing or Science related degree
* Extensive years of experience in a development role but open to all levels of candidates.
* Development / other
* Real-time algorithms
* Exchange Connectivity/Market Access
* Great communication skills
* Good understanding of EMEA Exchange Electronic trading
* UML Modelling and high-level architectural design skills.
Other (useful to have some of the following):
* Experience in Multi-threaded environments \ systems
* FPGA/Similar technologies
* Solace/TibCo EMS middlewares
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written; ability to face off to business users
* Good team working skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-motivated, proactive and with determination to achieve goals
* Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
* Experience in full lifecycle development
* Influencing skills to drive development standards
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.