10 months ago
Working at The Royal School of Artillery site at Sterling Barracks as a Equipment Demand Engineer or Mechanic in Larkhill, Sailsbury in the heart of one of our MOD sites.
As a semi-skilled mechanic you will be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of our C-Vehicle equipment making sure it meets the agreed standards and is in good working order.
What makes the role unique?
You will be working within the ALC is a joint venture between Amey Plc and Babcock International Group Plc, set up to deliver the C Vehicle Capability Contract
The C Vehicle Capability Contract provides and maintains a Tri Service worldwide fleet of deployable Engineer Construction Plant and Rough Terrain Mechanical Handling equipment, this includes cranes, dump trucks, excavators, bulldozers, drilling equipment and rough terrain forklifts.
A full range of support services are also provided including spares support, a technical documentation service and provision of training for operators and maintainers.
What does the role involve?
* Preparation of Equipment for Demand
* Preparation of equipment for a maritime environment
* Cleaning Equipment prior to and post Demand
* Checking and preparing Complete Equipment Schedule within limits of own ability/knowledge.
* Preparation of all associated documentation and Handover Takeover Paperwork
* Assist in handover and take back of equipment at customer locations as required.
* Assist in the good upkeep and cleanliness of the Regional Pool location.
* Delivery and collection of equipment and spare parts as required (non HGV)Completion of job cards in support of data entry requirements for the Fleet Management System.
* Ensure that safe systems of work are adopted and company Health Safety and Environment policy’s are read and understood and adhered to at all time
* Assist the Equipment Pool Engineer as required
What are we looking for?
* Some engineer/mechanical experience on similar equipment
* A relevant industry qualification in mechanical/engineering
* Some experience with electrical and hydraulic diagnostics
* VOSA testing knowledge
* Must have a full clean driving licence