10 months ago
Role Title and Location: Environmental Trials & Analysis Engineer – EE&F
Job Ref No: P7412
MBDA Level 4
Reports to: Data Analysis Team Lead – EE&F
An opportunity has arisen within the Department of Environmental Engineering & Facilities (EE&F) UK for someone to join the Data Analysis Team within the Projects Group, consisting of 6 engineers in Stevenage, to deliver data analysis aspects of Environmental Engineering task packages on MBDA Programmes.
EE&F is integral within all land, sea and air based weapons system projects. They provide a key technical focal point for all stages of the product lifecycle, from concept definition and product development, through design aid and formal qualification, and into in-service support.Their expertise covers the areas of: requirements specification and management; data analysis; simulation and modelling; and testing in climatic, mechanical (vibration and shock), structural mechanical and fatigue.
* Apply specialist technical knowledge and provide advice to projects, with responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of data analysis activities, as part of the MBDA EE&F UK Environmental Data Analysis Team
* Act as a technical interface with customers in the delivery of data analysis tasks or technical work packages, including data gathering trials and assessments, platform integration activities, and structural modal assessment, ensuring delivery to the required quality, timescale and budget.
* Plan, deliver and monitor assigned work packages, making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority to ensure requirements are delivered to plan.
* Develop test specifications and carry out activities related to vibration, shock and signal analysis in line with all technical and quality standards.
* Carry out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems attributed to shock and vibration, and the improvement of engineering capability.
* Contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of engineering processes and procedures within the analysis team in response to technical developments and engineering needs.
* Some of the key challenges for the role include:
* Effectively dealing with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently, cross-projects.
* Interaction with the customer community at a high level, maintaining integrity of engineering outputs.
* Acting as a technical consultant to the wider department in the resolution of complex problems, and providing training in areas of expertise.
* Contributing to EE&F Analysis strategy to keep pace with emerging technologies and threats.
What’s in it for you?
* This role offers an opportunity for you to work as part of a highly skilled, motivated and effective team
* Varied, challenging and interesting work
* You will be involved in influencing project heads/chief engineers in technical decisions.
* You will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills & experience across a broad range of land, sea and air programmes.
* You will have the opportunity to develop yourself and others through the delivery of a variety of training methods.
* Opportunity for UK & overseas travel in support of EDG trials and platform integration programmes.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team of 6 Environmental Analysis Engineers with a strong desire to constantly improve the teams effectiveness and influence within EE&F and MBDA.
What are we looking for?
* Strong technical background in environmental, mechanical or similar discipline
* Excellent analysis and presentation skills
* Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly motivated and adaptable in unfamiliar environments, with results driven orientation.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).