about 1 year ago
Environmental & Social Consultant – International Finance (SOL000045)
: United Kingdom-Solihull-Solihull
: Environmental (inc Ecological and Sustainable Design)
Environmental & Social Consultant – Solihull
Would you like to join or Environmental & Social team in Solihull? We work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
Based in Arup ‘Campus’ in Solihull, you will:
* Contribute to and manage stand-alone tasks for Lenders Environmental and Social Advisory assignments including due diligence, monitoring and evaluation assignments.
* Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials etc.
* Help coordinate due diligence, monitoring and evaluation assignments, including subcontractor management.
* Establish and maintain relationship with external stakeholders, and colleagues within Arup Assist in and undertake other tasks as directed, including support to UK infrastructure projects as necessary.
The team has established a reputation among Multi-lateral Financial Institutions, Equator Principle Financial Institutions and Export Credit Agencies for advising lenders on environmentally and/or socially challenging and complex infrastructure projects.
We deliver Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), environmental and social supervision/monitoring and other environmental and social impact assessment related assignments for flagship Projects in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia and Africa. The team has recently been awarded a number of internationally high-profile assignments and has strong growth aspirations.
Skills/Experience required for the role
* Typically, around four years of experience of assessing environmental and/or social impacts, performance and other aspects on infrastructure projects, including for projects financed by international financial institutions (IFIs).
* Experience of applying internationally recognized environmental and social performance standards (e.g. those of the World Bank Group, EBRD, EIB, ADB, International Labor Organization etc.), including those addressing social aspects, such as land acquisition and resettlement, livelihood restoration, labour and working conditions, community health and safety and stakeholder engagement etc.
* Experience on working on projects in one or more of the following sectors: Transport infrastructure, Power generation and distribution, Water , Municipal environmental infrastructure and Natural resources.
* Experience of working on projects, research or development assignments located overseas, for example, in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and preferably Africa, Latin America or Asia.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
* Fluent and able to work in foreign language – preferably French, or Spanish. Knowledge of other language(s) is an advantage.
* Understanding of socio-economic research methods and experience in applying these methods.
* Experience of providing and/or coordinating technical inputs for ESDD reports, Gap Analyses, Environmental and Social Action Plans, international Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, and independent Environmental and Social monitoring reports etc.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
We are keen to support flexible and part-time working wherever the role allows. If you wish to explore the possibilities associated with this opportunity, please let us know what you’re looking for in your cover letter when you apply.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by John Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.12.2018