about 1 year ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for motivated Consultants to work as part of our expanding, sector leading team in either London, Reading or Knutsford. You will deliver a diverse portfolio of environmental regulation services to our growing client base in the nuclear sector. In particular, clients involved in nationally significant nuclear new build in the UK, Europe and other global locations. You would also support in driving growth of our business with existing operational nuclear sites across the UK and abroad.
We have opportunities available at a range of Consultant, Senior and Principal grades.
Working with high profile industry clients your role will involve the delivery of projects covering environmental permitting and regulation, which in the UK relates to the Radioactive Substances Regulations. Areas of experience relating to the demonstration of best available techniques (BAT), best practicable means (BPM) and design environmental optimisation, permit compilation, risk assessment, waste management, compliance support, strategy and policy development. We are also interested in applicants with experience of other infrastructure related environmental permitting requirements such as for water discharge activities and construction related permitting.
Dependent on grade, you will lead client interactions and relationships and the scoping of individual commissions, preparing proposals, negotiating with clients, managing projects and subcontractors, analysis of results and writing reports in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
* You will have a relevant first degree (or equivalent) in science or engineering and preferably an environment related second degree. Awareness of the environmental issues facing clients in the nuclear industries and a broad understanding of relevant legislation.
* Post-graduate experience of working at nuclear sites, in a consultancy capacity, additionally, experience as a Regulator would be valuable.
* Ability to hold security clearance at SC level or above.
* Confident verbal and written communicator with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* You will be self-motivated, organised and thorough and be able to demonstrate application of initiative to deliver a task or project to high standards.
* You will have an analytical mind and be able to demonstrate a track record in problem solving and reporting.
* You will have an awareness of business and project management systems.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.