5 months ago
Environmental Permitting and Compliance Consultant
Requisition ID :2020-71062
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne | GB-Cheshire-Birchwood | GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our expanding team of consultants, who deliver environmental permitting, regulation and compliance projects for our UK and international clients. The team works across many industrial sectors including oil and gas, energy, waste, industrial manufacturing and nuclear decommissioning/ newbuild from our offices. You will be working directly, and through other parts of the Wood business, with high profile clients, delivering projects covering interpretation and advice on environmental regulations, environmental permitting, BAT assessments, environmental risk assessment, environmental compliance and due diligence, in particular working with E&IS colleagues in America.
With numerous offices around the UK (including London, Scotland, Reading or Bristol, Leamington, Leeds, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Knutsford, Birchwood and Newcastle), the location of this role can be flexible.
Working alongside colleagues across our UK and international offices, you will be involved in some of our most exciting projects associated with developing and supporting UK infrastructure, together with smaller scale projects. We are currently working on projects throughout the UK, Europe, Poland, China and the UAE and these roles offer opportunities for national and international travel.
Wood creates a supportive working environment and is committed to supporting continuous professional development within a team environment. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their experience and benefit from working directly with senior team members, learning from Wood’s technical specialists and experts.
Dependent on grade, you will be given opportunity to either lead or support client interactions and relationships, scoping individual commissions, preparing proposals, negotiating with clients, managing tasks and projects, information interpretation and writing technical and management reports in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
* You will have a relevant first degree (or equivalent) in science or engineering and preferably an environmental science or engineering related second degree.
* Awareness of the environmental issues and regulations facing clients across a range of industry sectors and a broad understanding of relevant legislation.
* Ability to hold security clearance at SC level or above.
* Confident verbal and written communicator with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* You will be self-motivated, organised and thorough and be able to demonstrate the application of initiative to deliver a task or project to high standards.
* You will have an inquisitive and analytical mind and be able to demonstrate experience in problem solving and reporting.
* Experience of working in a relevant role in industry, consultancy or Regulator.
* Awareness of business, project management processes and health and safety requirements.