8 days ago
Altran is looking to recruit an Environmental Engineer - REACh Specialist to join the team in Bristol on a 3 month contract.
Altran Aerospace and Defence are currently looking to recruit highly motivated engineers to spearhead and coordinate environmental engineering activities across a range of activities within the aerospace industry. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
As our Environmental Engineer, you will work closely with a major aerospace manufacturer supporting onsite environmental management topics for laboratory and structural test environments, with a focus primarily on Chemical compliance to EHS requirements and inventory control.
Part of the Materials and Process team, you’ll build on and maintain current environmental policy and form future strategy. Strong communication skills are necessary to adapt environmental activities to support a variety of engineering processes and successfully integrate these into the working culture.
A genuine opportunity to integrate and progress to environmental management could be available with us at Altran UK.
* Supporting site environmental management and sustainability activities for office, laboratory and structural test areas, including;
* Energy, water and waste management
* REACh compliance
* Chemical inventory management
* Environmental Management Planning
* Formulating and enacting new environmental initiatives and strategy
* Be the Environmental Champion - uphold specific responsibilities for certain engineering, laboratory and test buildings
* Continuously develop environmental best practice for new site developments
Skills and Qualifications:
* Hold an engineering qualification in relevant field (for example; Mechanical, Materials Science, Chemistry, Environment, Civil Water Resources management) or significant equivalent industrial experience
* Knowledge of ISO14001 and use of - previous practical application would be a benefit
* Possess creative problem - solving skills in a transnational team environment
* Project Management and document control
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.