7 months ago
Title : Environmental Consultant / Senior Environmental Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-30749
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Asset Operations & Consultancy
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Clean Energy division specialises in renewable energy, power generation and transmission. Our focus is wind, solar PV and bio energy but with an increasing amount of energy storage, anaerobic digestion and other technologies. Our success to date is based on an in-depth knowledge of project financing, applied in a practical manner to provide the best possible solutions and advice to our clients. Owing to this level of growth and high demand for its services, the company is now seeking to recruit an Environmental Consultant to join our team based in Glasgow.
Our Environment Team has an ever growing list of projects and despite a slowdown in the UK market we are seeing significant growth in the emerging markets of Africa, Asia and the Americas. The role will involve foreign travel and based on recent assignments this may involve travel to Central and South America, sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are considering either Consultant or Senior Consultant level depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate and this would suit someone looking to develop their expertise in international projects.
* Management and contribution to the delivery of ESIA services for renewable energy projects worldwide
* Management and contribution to the delivery of environmental and social due diligence services for renewable energy projects worldwide
* Site survey/audits as part of ESIA and E&S due diligence assignments to sites worldwide
* Attendance at client meetings in the UK and internationally
* Contribution to the delivery of EIA and planning services for renewable energy projects in the UK and Ireland
* Management and contribute to feasibility studies and other similar tasks in the UK and internationally
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
* Providing planning and permitting advice to support renewable energy projects generally
* Providing support to the other service lines in Wood
* Other ad hoc activities as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree level educated in an appropriate scientific, environmental or planning based subject
* Experience of EIA/ESIA and preparation of EIA chapters
* Experience in providing input into environmental projects or environmental aspects of larger projects
* Technically competent
* Competent user of main MS Office software packages
* The ability to work as part of a team
* The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount
* You should have excellent communication skills, coupled with a flexible and proactive approach to work to thrive in this busy team
A range of experience will be considered for this role.
* Previous project management experience involving commercial scale energy projects or other large scale development
* Previous experience working in a consultancy environment
* Post graduate qualification in an environmental subject
* Experience or an interest in renewable energy power projects
* Experience of working on international projects
* A good understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes, environmental assessment methods and case law
* Experience of environmental and social due diligence and Equator Principles
* Fluency in a second language with French or Spanish being a distinct advantage
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.