about 1 year ago
Environmental Consultant/ Practitioner
Requisition ID :2018-33144
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is playing an exciting part in the resurgence of Nuclear Power Generation in the UK and overseas, and momentum is building. Could you be part of the team?
We are seeking a well-qualified and experienced environmental practitioner to join Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions. Our team works on exciting Nuclear Sector Projects that involve the review, challenge and development of processes and systems, strategy development and supporting decision making in order to demonstrate or improve Environmental Performance.
Candidates have the opportunity to join our sector leading team and to work with our growing client base in the UK and overseas. We are looking to recruit into our E&IS offices located in the South of the UK.
Working with high profile Nuclear industry clients your role will involve leading delivery of projects covering radioactive waste management, environmental permitting, regulation and compliance, which in the UK relates to the Environmental Permitting Regulations and the Radioactive Substances Act.
You will also be required to collaborate with more senior members of the team to support business development initiatives and to secure new and develop existing client relationships.
The role will initially focus on writing proposals and reports, analysis of results and supporting client interactions in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
* Strong academic background in a relevant discipline.
* Demonstrable track record working in and for the Nuclear industry.
* Confident verbal and written communicator with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* You will be self-motivated, organised and thorough and be able to demonstrate application of initiative to lead the delivery of projects to high standards.
* You will have an analytical mind and have examples of your ability to problem solve and write technical reports.
* Have a drivers licence and be willing to travel.
* Demonstrable track record in business development.
* Experience of project management.
* Radioactive waste advisor.
* Membership of a relevant engineering, science or environmental institute.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.