4 months ago
Environmental Consultant - EIA (LON0000DQ)
: United Kingdom-London-London
: Environmental (inc Ecological and Sustainable Design)
As a key member of an established busy EIA team, you will be responsible for environmental consultancy delivered from our London office.
Your core professional expertise will be in EIA co-ordination, ideally with an interest in and experience of due diligence and Strategic Environmental Assessment.
You will be working towards chartered environmentalist status, with membership of an appropriate professional institute, and will be qualified in one, and probably more, of the following:
• Environmental science. • Geography.
• Environmental management.
• Air quality and/or acoustics.
• Waste management.
• Water sciences.
• Climate change.
• Energy management.
The role will focus on the delivery of high-quality EIA support which may include site selection and optioneering through to scoping, ESs and delivery. A willingness to work on a range of different projects, including long-term major infrastructure projects, is required.
Our clients are generally developers as well as regulators such as local planning authorities. The role will enable us to provide our clients with effective and imaginative environmental and sustainability solutions that meet their needs underpinned by our goal to shape a better world.
The post will therefore require an appreciation of public and private-sector client and business needs, and will require excellent communications skills and an ability to develop personal networks.
The role will report to a senior member of the London EIA PM team.
You will need to work closely with peers throughout the UKMEA Environmental Network, and partners in engineering and other teams.
• Working as part of a team, delivering high-quality environmental deliverables within budget and on time.
• Contribute towards improved standards in the work of the team and strive to meet and exceed client expectations.
• Writing and reviewing environmental deliverables including team instructions, templates, guidance, programmes and draft reports.
• Assist with management of all aspects of projects including project set up, administration and finances.
• Reviewing and critiquing plans and scheme information and review, edit and provide constructive comments on all written deliverables prepared by others.
• To identify and help progress business development opportunities.
• To represent Arup at internal and external meetings.
• To support the preparation of bids and tenders.
• To maintain compliance with Arup Management Systems.
• To identify skills gaps and advise the leadership of potential need for training in technical or professional topics.
Requirements and Skills
• First degree in appropriate subject.
• Proven experience in the field of EIA co-ordination, ideally with specialist skillset.
• Motivated and able to work under own initiative whilst being aware of own limitations.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent written skills and effective at presenting.
• Must be a team player and willing to support work of others in the EIA team as well as the wider Environmental group.
• Able to prioritise and manage multiple on-going activities.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
Shape your time with us
We are keen to support flexible and part-time working wherever the role allows. If you wish to explore the possibilities associated with this opportunity, please let us know what you’re looking for in your cover letter when you apply.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity before applying, please contact:
Chris Norvall - Arup Resourcing Team
Closing Date: 31.05.2018