3 months ago
CH2M would like to recruit an Environmental Consents Advisor to work on the West section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel project in London.
The Environmental Consents Advisor sits within the West Delivery Team. The Environment Consents Advisor supports the Delivery Manager, Delivery Team and Contracting Organisations to aid the successful delivery of the project environmental and sustainability requirements and commitments of the construction delivery phase.
This role is an integral part of the Delivery Team and requires close, integrated working with the Main Works Contractor’s planning, environmental, construction and design teams who are responsible for delivery of the DCO and Works Information requirements, Stakeholder Consents and Third Party Agreement commitments.
The Environmental Advisor role includes responsibility for assuring compliance with the delivery of environment and sustainability commitments during the construction programme, monitoring contractor performance against the Code of Construction Practice, CEMP and ISO14001, and encouraging improvements in contractor performance against environmental and sustainability criteria based on a programme of monitoring and reporting.
• Assuring and accepting MWC environmental and sustainability Works Information deliverable.
• Assuring Main Works Contractor compliance with environmental and sustainability requirements and commitments.
• Provision of technical advice to the Delivery Team on all environmental and sustainability matters.
• Assuring the delivery of the MWC Construction Environmental Management Plan, along with the associated management plans including the MWC Carbon Reports.
• Undertaking periodic environmental site inspections in conjunction with the MWC to assure delivery of the works in accordance with the Code of Construction Practice and environmental consent requirements.
• Monitoring, reviewing and assuring Key Performance Indicators being delivered by the MWC and working with MWC to improve performance where needed.
• Identifying and communicating possible concerns regarding any environmental and sustainability compliance or performance issues to the Environmental Lead.
• Enabling the MWC to meet, and where possible exceed, Tideway’s Environmental Sustainability performance expectations.
• Assuring MWC environmental consent applications to regulatory bodies to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with DCO requirements.
• Provision of advice to the NEC3 Project Manager, design and construction team to ensure compliance of any design changes with the Environmental Effects Compliance principle and the principles of the Sustainability Statement.
• Supporting the MWC and Environmental Regulators to develop and maintain strong and successful working relationships.
• Sharing of environmental and sustainability best practice and innovation within and between delivery regions.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Experience in supporting delivery of environmental management on major infrastructure projects and working within either a client or contractor team.
• Experience of working and liaising with local authorities and other regulatory bodies.
Skills and competencies:
• Strong leadership, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
• Working knowledge of NEC3 contracts.
Education and qualifications:
BSc or MSc in relevant topic.
Membership of environmental professional body, such as the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (Associate or Practitioner).
Lead EMS Auditor.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
View on Google maps
View our application tips and tricks