8 months ago
VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy. Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
We are now looking for a Building Services Manager to join the team. This is an integral member of the Project Team and will take responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the mechanical, electrical and public health services on tenders and projects.
The Building Services Manager will act in a professional and responsible manner at all times maintaining good working relations with client, designers, site management, and our chain of sub-contractors, suppliers and with the public.
Key Responsibilities –
· Maintain and manage the building services elements of the project in line with the VFL Building Services Management Procedures.
· Where required on specific tenders assist / manage the companies pre construction activities and marketing in terms of building services
· To assist / manage the procurement of building services related work on site
· Assist the preparation of building services related design elements
· To assist in the management of the Statutory Authorities
· To assist the site’s commercial team in terms of financial aspects of a contract.
· To assist project completion / handover in conjunction with the site team
* Be fully aware of the Company’s HSEQ policy and promote throughout building services staff
* Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and of others.
Skills and Experience –
· Membership of Recognised Body such as CIBSE, CIPHE, IEE, IET, etc…
· Will be personable with good communication skills
· Have an in depth knowledge of the construction industry in general the building services industry in particular and preferably worked for a main contractor
· Good computer skills
· Pro-active/can do attitude
· Good rounded services knowledge both electrically and mechanically.
· Reasonable design knowledge
· Able to write work package plans and other method statements / reports, clearly and concisely
· Ability to provide programming advice
· Understanding / appreciation of building services costs
Awareness of a range of different contracts including JCT and NEC
For full job description: Building Services Manager - Job Description