4 months ago
Enterprise Strategy Associate Partner - Financial Services
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Partner, you will help develop a growing IBM transformation unit spanning client engagements with our priority accounts across UK and Ireland, new eminence or thought leadership, offerings, talent and community building.
This role is critical in the accelerated development of relationships with our clients, whether new or existing, as well as the overall leadership of our propositions, from shaping and sales, through execution and follow-ons. Our differentiation in the market requires a deep understanding of one of the primary Sectors we serve, business models, financials, ways of operating, organisation, innovation, paths to deliver new capabilities, and how to effectively drive transformative change.
IBM helps business and technology leaders reimagine their future. Our strategy is simple - help our clients understand, embrace, and accelerate business transformation for outcomes across a range of business scenarios and use cases leveraging hybrid / multi-cloud and AI capabilities.
Last year, during what many would agree was a hard year for business and talent everywhere, IBM Services launched the Enterprise Strategy team globally.
Our mission is to catalyse and help clients deliver better business outcomes, in the market, faster. We span the front and back-office, balancing industry-specific insights with proven use cases, solutions, and outcomes in marketing, sales, customer service / care, supply chain, finance & accounting, procure-to-pay, Operations Technology, Information Technology, and Network Technology.
We apply modern techniques in accelerated envisioning and scenario planning as well as experience-led transformation, humanising technology, orchestrating the path to business value across the golden thread, and enabling rapid change and adoption with our clients.
We don’t just consult at clients, we co-create and co-execute these concepts with a bias for action and results drawing from IBM’s deep bench of industry strategist, creatives, data scientist and engineers, multi-cloud technologists, and ISV partner ecosystem.
What are we looking for?
We are a fast-growing team looking for senior advisors with a track record (ex-MBB or Big4, ex-Corporate Strategy, ex-Venture Capital or Startup Scene) developing and growing CxO and -1 / -2 relationships as well as high performing, diverse teams in a collaborative matrix organisation in IBM Services and other IBM Brands.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are an incredibly diverse team of consultants, and it is hard to find two of us who completely think alike. Yet, we have so much in common in terms of how we approach the challenges life throws in front of us, and how we support our clients and each other. We would expect you, too, to share these traits and possess a similar mindset:
• You have the mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions, with a strong bias for action
• You are tenacious and able to focus on both the big picture and the details, depending on what is required
• You have the passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
• You have extensive experience developing and implementing data strategies and their underlying technologies, including relevant aspects of the required operating model
• You have strong problem-solving skills, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• You are focused on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and share/incorporate feedback
• You have great communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
• You have the aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, you are able to build direct working relationships across all levels of IBM and client teams. Above all, you genuinely enjoy collaborating within and across teams
• You are an inspiring leader, who is passionate about developing individuals and teams, comfortable with leading them through ambiguity. For you, developing people and getting to great Client outcomes are not mutually exclusive, but two sides of the same coin
• You have demonstrated track record of academic / professional achievements, perseverance to tackle obstacles and an entrepreneurial spirit to make things happen
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
You have extensive experience working in the crossroads of business & data, with a solid knowledge of the latest technologies, and a good understanding of the relevant organizational requirements in terms of how the value of data can be most effetively harnessed by businesses.
Languages required: fluent written and spoken English. Ability to work in the UK.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Referral Promo Code
5 months ago
only 5 days until close
20 days ago
only 9 days until close
27 days ago
only 16 hours until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close