4 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that sits at the heart of the digital world, from smartphones and tablets, to servers and infrastructure and into the internet of things. The Arm IT team delivers the strategy, design, development, deployment and operationalization of corporate solutions. Arm's position in a huge electronics and software ecosystem and its place in the industry means this is an exciting and challenging place to work.
We're searching for someone who is enthusiastic, motivated, is an authority in and passionate about quality of delivery, automation and leaning out the way we work.
We have an exciting mix of state of the art and legacy applications. We want you to utilize your experience, creativity and pragmatism to bring the right level of quality and automation to the work we do on these applications. We practice Agile and DevOps delivery and some waterfall.
Over recent years we have made significant improvements in our approach to quality and testing for everything we do in Enterprise IT. We are looking to you to build on the great work we're doing today and to work with our teams to support them in becoming the best in the way they operate and deliver new features to our business.
Can you drive us to deliver the best quality we can? Are you experienced across different delivery models and technology stacks? Can you bring people along for the journey?
In our new role you will have the following qualities
* accountable for our test strategies and policies
* own our test framework, tooling and licences
* effective partner management
* bring your unique experience and understanding of what tools and methodologies work well in an enterprise organisation
* be responsible for the test services being delivered by 3rd party suppliers
* ensure all teams are practising appropriate testing, automation and quality control
* be confidant with Agile and DevOps principles and help champion these delivery models
* have a breadth of experience with Digital, ERP and backend systems
* have experience with API's and Interfaces
* have experience of non-functional testing including performance, stress, volume, security, etc
* will have a mix of on premise and cloud based applications testing experience
* Knowledge of application lifecycle management tools and there use in successful project delivery
* have great people skills with the ability to empathise with the teams need to balance pace over excellence
* Confident in appraising people and good at achieving positive outcomes from difficult situations
* Experience of testing Platforms and Infrastructure
* Familiarity with enterprise-grade SOA / micro-services architectures
* Knowledge of DevOps tooling for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment; an understanding of which will be helpful when working with our DevOps teams
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road