4 months ago
Enterprise Data - Development Specialist
Posted Jan 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 72921
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. We provide a vast number of data sets that cover all asset classes, via multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling options. This means our clients get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, highly technical, client facing individual to come join our team. You’ll be a quick learner, ready to develop your understanding of the Bloomberg Enterprise Products & customer base, in order to deliver on client engagements as well as providing a second tier of technical support on complex issues.You’ll work with the other teams in the Enterprise Data Service Delivery department to understand client requirements and assist with their Bloomberg API development needs. You’ll be solution focused, able to quickly and accurately identify problems, performing detailed & meaningful diagnostic work & troubleshooting, developing additional tools where you see a need internally or for our clients. You’ll liaise with other teams, particularly engineering and product, to push improvements as well as working on internal monitoring & tools.You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical, able to get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organisation, but are also not afraid of making independent decisions when the situation demands.This role is based in London.
We’ll trust you to:
* Work closely with technical and market data contacts at client firms to understand their requirements and help them to build out solutions using the Bloomberg API
* Work with other service delivery teams on client projects as well as engaging directly with those clients to drive successful integration of Bloomberg products & datasets
* Take ownership of complex questions and issues reported by clients as a second tier of technical support via phone calls, ticket systems, email, and in person
* Liaise with engineering and product teams internally to resolve issues or build out enhancements to Enterprise products for our clients- Actively identify potential areas of improvement or gaps in internal tools & monitoring systems and propose solutions
* Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships, including on-site meetings, demos and seminars
You’ll need to have:
* Project management and multi-tasking skills to work on several client engagements at a given time
* Client facing and customer service skills, be presentable & able to articulate complex technical concepts to all skill levels
* An analytic and problem solving mindset to identify the root cause of an issue and provide clear solutions
* Knowledge of market data, asset types, infrastructure, data models and the financial markets, having worked with or within a Data Vendor environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology
* Programming skills; in depth knowledge of C++, Java & .NET, you will need to be able to read client code examples, compile it and send your own samples, knowledge of python is also highly beneficial (for both client engagements & internal tools)
* Fluent English language skills
We’d love to see:
* UNIX skills with ability to investigate technical issues or willingness to learn
* Exposure to Perl is useful (for some of the older tools)
* Experience with database querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL or similar
* Exposure to architectural design in order to facilitate client adoption of Bloomberg's Enterprise Data products and services
* A second European language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.