5 months ago
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company?
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Dell EMC Global Account segment continues to be a critical component of our go-to-market strategy to drive global growth, market expansion, and TCE in Dell EMC's most exclusive customers. Global Accounts are in the midst of a sweeping transformation initiative that will change our approach and charter with regard to how we support our biggest, best, most strategically relevant global customers. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Enterprise Architect in our Global Accounts team in Brentford.
The role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) provides innovative thought, strategic guidance and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models.
Taking an application centric perspective the position should be able to differentiate DELL EMC on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of big data and cloud computing opportunities.
The EA provides this support to an assigned account or set of accounts in a given geography. He/she will work closely with their sales team and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next generation applications, and data analytics. The EA will build credibility and challenge traditional customer thinking to sell a long term vision as opposed to pointed solutions. The EA should be able to provide technical thought leadership for the account’s CTO, enterprise architects, application developers, and engineering and operations teams.
* Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: from CxO level to enterprise architects, application development teams and senior management in operations and engineering.
* Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives.
* Provides technical leadership and direction to customer and internal staff.
* Works with federation peers to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
* Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into DELL EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
* Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
* Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed DELL EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and DELL EMC management.
* Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
* A minimum of 5 years of domain experience: Applications: Business applications, application integration, application development. Software: virtualized IT infrastructure, management and orchestration, data warehousing/data analytics, database management. Solutions: services, consulting capabilities, new consumption/Cloud models, vertical industry experience. Either selling experience or implementation/hands-on/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or SP).
* Drives Business Results and Customer Value - Knowledge of Industry market and technology solutions to meet the need of the customer base that they are covering. Financial: Strong understanding of financial aspects of IT which include but is not limited to; planning, capital & operating expenses, and asset capitalization. Knowledge of local ecosystem
* Aligns with and Drives Dell EMC Strategy - Ability to understand various business models and make connections to how IT can support and ultimately bring profitably to the company.
* Builds Dell EMC Capabilities, Culture, and Values - Working knowledge of cloud models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings. Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems. •Strong understanding of IT operations, people, and process management.
* Demonstrates Organizational Effectiveness and Leadership - IT Understanding: Possesses hands on experience in appropriate technology fields, for example systems management, programming, virtualization etc.
* Demonstrates Functional Mastery - Knowledge or certification in ITIL, TOGAF, or similar qualification desired.
* Hands-on experience in appropriate technology fields
* Working knowledge of cloud models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings.
* Strong understanding of IT operations.
* Ability to understand various business models and make connections to how IT can support and ultimately bring profitably to the company.
* Strong understanding of financial aspects of IT which include but is not limited to; planning, capital & operating expenses, and asset capitalization.
* VMware VTSP/VCP and Dell EMC Cloud Architect and/or Big Data Proven certifications desired.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Dell EMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell EMC encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please get in touch.
As members of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: R46691