6 months ago
AutoReq ID 138074BR
Job Title Enterprise Architect
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line IT Strategy & Architecture
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG Solutions & Digital are responsible for technology asset development and related client services. KPMG utilise a mix of in house development resources and external specialist software supply. Solution Architects work at the intersection of our engineering capabilities and client demand for solutions from across the KPMG practice. Solution Architects are responsible for shaping demand, scoping, sourcing and estimating work with in house development groups and externally contracted suppliers working with the Solutions & Digital commercial management function.
We work in a very flat organisation structure, so you’ll need to be a strong negotiator, influencer and team player, used to managing multiple stakeholders in demanding time-critical situations. The various engineering capabilities are have UK staff based in London and Leeds and offshore. There may be travel to client sites, suppliers and other KPMG offices, as needed.
Our aim is simple:
To be regarded by the market as the best at what we do. Trusted by our clients and the envy of our competitors. Our strategy to achieve this is centred on our people: to attract and retain the best by creating an environment where people can learn, be fulfilled, progress in their career and have fun.
- To help define KPMG assets/solutions, cost and deliver asset construction projects
- To help define client solutions based on KPMG assets, cost and deliver implementation projects for asset based solutions
- To help define and cost managed services offerings underpinned by KPMG IP and assets
- To be a subject matter expert on initiative scoping, sourcing and estimation techniques to advise clients how to maximise benefits whilst reducing risk in consuming KPMG asset based services
- To help drive the KPMG asset building and reuse agenda across projects and initiatives
- Build deep and lasting relationships with other staff and key stakeholders to enhance the reputation of KPMG as an advisor of choice
- Taking a significant role in developing the capability of the Solutions Architect team, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Consistently meeting milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Supporting the Solutions & Digital sales lifecycle management function on solution triage and the early development of ideas
We are recruiting for Solution Architects at Senior Manager and Manager level based on career experience and fit to our business plans.
- Track record in proposing and elaborating pragmatic and cost effective architectures for IT solutions and related services
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear to influence and align stakeholders around a proposed approach and solution financials
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter who can work with KPMG subject matter experts to shape solutions to client needs turning them into practical reality
- Commercially aware - evidenced by an ability to identify and cost appropriate solutions balancing IT commodity pricing pressures with sufficient engineering rigour to protect both clients and KPMG’s reputation
- Experience of agile and traditional software and project methodologies
- Shares knowledge; gives constructive feedback and coaching/mentoring to other team members
- Team player with the ability to deliver projects and to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong drive and resilience to overcome challenges or setbacks to achieve your team/project/client goals
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationshipsExperience:
We would expect that prospective Solution Architects would have most of the following experiences or skills:
- Previous experience in IT project scoping architectural design and delivery
- Direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development during pre-sales
- Direct experience of hands on architectural design and enforcement during implementation
- Experience with best practice design principles and approaches for a range of application styles and technologies to help guide and steer decisions
- Experience with security models for highly confidential data protection Implementation of solutions on physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure
- UK Government digital development experience
- Experience with unstructured tools and techniques such Hadoop, NoSQL
- Experience with traditional BI and ETL tools, Data Warehousing and visualisation
- Experience with multi-site, multi-supplier and offshore software project management disciplines
- Experience with complex solution blueprints – legacy hybrids – enterprise apps, custom, digital
- Experience – infrastructure considerations for solution planning
Any of the following qualifications would be beneficial but not essential:
- Candidates from any industry vertical are encouraged to apply
- Industry/vendor specific certifications where relevant to the role: Architecture, PMP, Methods
- This role can be based in London or Leeds
We know that our success depends in no small way on your expertise, talent and skill. We have built a reputation for working with people to invest heavily in their training and career development. If you can take charge of your career, meet the targets and broaden your expertise, we will provide all the support and the opportunities to realise your full potential. The successful candidate will join a group of like minded and dynamic people that regularly works in challenging situations that present opportunities for personal development and career advancement.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Developer, Supply, Cloud, Project Manager, Technology, Operations