6 months ago
Engineering Technician (Civil & Structural), Edinburgh or Stirling, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, BUPA, life cover, travel insurance and more
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an Engineering Technician to support engineering projects based in its Stirling and Edinburgh offices.
The successful candidate’s day to day work will involve the production of 2d and 3d drawings to support the structural/civil engineering projects SLR has, both within the office and wider company. There will also be opportunity to assist other disciplines with site works such as walkovers, peat probing etc.
This position would be particularly well suited to candidates who have recently obtained an HNC or HND in civil engineering or can demonstrate some degree of relevant industry experience.
Candidates must be strong team players with good communication and organisational skills.
We strive to ensure that opportunities for both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Helping to manage CAD workload provided by project managers within the team;
• Provide high quality 2d and 3d drawings using AutoCAD or Civil 3D (software training provided)
• Provide support to other disciplines i.e. site works
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• HNC/HND in Civil Engineering (or similar) and an understanding of civil/structural engineering
• Familiar with AutoCAD and ideally experienced in other cad/graphics packages, and an understanding of draughting principles
• Valid driving license
• Good team player with excellent communication skills, good numerical skills and attention to detail
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.