about 1 month ago
Salary: £Commensurate with experience
Up and Under Ltd, a member of RSK Group, are an engineering consultancy, undertaking inspections and surveys of various buildings, bridges and other structures within the transportation, utilities and building sectors.
We now have unique opportunities for Engineering Technicians within our team in Crewe, Cheshire.
Engineering Technician – Crewe, Cheshire
Full training will be provided to enable you to undertake inspections, surveys and investigations of various structures. Working closely with other team members, your job may involve working at height or in confined spaces, so you will need to have a reasonable level of fitness. When you are in the office your time will be spent assisting with the preparation for projects and reports for our clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with the preparation of projects
* Carrying out works in accordance with the project brief and instructions from the Project Manager
* Maintaining accurate records of actions during works
* Assisting with the preparation of reports
* Adherence to company safety, environment and quality management system procedures and safety culture.
The role will involve a combination of office and site-based tasks with this balance varying dependent on company needs and current project profile. Candidates will need to be prepared for working away from home on a regular basis with travel throughout the UK, thus a clean full UK driving licence is essential. Night and weekend work will be required on occasion.
No previous experience is required; however candidates will need to have an interest in developing a career in the engineering sector.
* Full UK driving licence
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Organised and motivated self starter
* Strong attention to detail
* Good time keeping
* A good level of fitness
* Motivated to achieve professional development
* A desire to embark on an exciting career path
* Comply with our drug and alcohol policy
* GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English
* Communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
* IT skills including MS Office
* An interest in civil engineering
Salary and benefits
* This is a full-time post with a competitive salary and additional allowances for working away from home.
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Beth Sproston, Trainee HR Advisor, at -******* or call--******for more information.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.