4 months ago
Purpose of Role
We are currently recruiting for an M&E Engineering Team Leader to work at Queen Alexandra Hospital. The role will involve working as part of a team working shifts and providing a high level of technical expertise coupled with good supervisory skills.
To supervise planned preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with a large hospital. Maintain labour rosters and skills matrices to ensure continual and effective service delivery.
This role is a shift Position and will involve working Shifts including Mornings, Evenings and Weekends
* To support Estates Management in providing 24 hour Maintenance service within the hospital
* To supervise maintenance and repair of hospital equipment, plant, services and systems
* To deploy and provide technical advice in core skill to workforce including technicians, craftsperson’s and Maintenance Assistants, ensuring agreed workforce levels
* To effectively supervise the activities of the Estates Team and Contractors, to ensure good quality and productivity, and value for money. In the absence of other Team Leader, to include the control of other trades of the workforce
* To coordinate with the planner and schedulers in allocating/controlling work effectively including defect work, planned maintenance work and price work as appropriate, ensuring best use of manpower and resources/materials
* To assist with the estimating for maintenance and new work when required
* To take on role of Authorised Person where required after carrying out necessary training.
* To plan, cost, oversee, and implement the planned maintenance, reactive maintenance, and ‘extra works’ tasks.
* To problem solve and fault find on electrical/mechanical systems and equipment
* To liaise with Stores Team for requisition ,supply, deployment and security of materials
* To assist in recruitment of staff.
* To be responsible for satisfactory timekeeping, conduct and attendance of team members and implementing relevant company policies and procedures
* To carry out appraisals on team members and assist in their development and training
* To work effectively within the defined budget parameters
* To contribute to developing new systems of work
* To ensure that the Estates Service is being delivered in full compliance of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations. To comply with all statutory regulations
* To supervise work safely on LV systems in accordance with HTMs
* To carry out such reasonable tasks/duties relevant to post as determined by Operations Manager
Additional Role Information
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Educated to BTEC Advanced Craft or Technician or approved equivalent or equivalent experience in specialist area.
* Apprentice trained or equivalent in an engineering or building environment.
* Knowledge of computerised maintenance techniques
* Management of a team, demonstrating experience of team selection and training.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
* Experience of working in a customer focused environment
* Understanding of maintenance budgetary control.