6 months ago
Title : Engineering Systems ICT Coordinator
Requisition ID :2018-33502
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Systems
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has a requirement in for an Engineering Systems ICT Coordinator to join us in Reading on a permanent basis.
* To coordinate IT Systems to meet the needs of Projects executed under Project Operations and manage the interface with IBM IT / WOOD IT Business Partners and Engineering System Team
* To manage and ensure consistency of approach within the overall IT strategy in all Project operational offices, with respect to Systems and related issues
* To develop IS/IT Plans/Strategies to execute complex projects
* To ensure local IT team can respond to the emerging demands from proposals and evolving projects.
* To coordinate operation of data and telecoms networks across UK Operations, ensuring capacity and security
* Coordinate regularly with IT / Engineering systems Team to ensure awareness of project system needs/changes/developments to exploit their use on projects
* Ensure IT procedures, policies and work practices are applied where appropriate and adjusted to cover specific requirements
* Manage service delivery – right system, right time, right place.
* Assist projects with ‘life-time’ systems planning and data hand-over requirements
* Ensure collaboration and workshare environments are aligned and channels are open and utilised to maximise return on investment
* Provide systems knowledge to project discipline user
* Guidance to staff to ensure best techniques are applied when using computer applications.
Skills / Qualifications
* HNC or equivalent preferred
* Experience in similar role
* Experience in a petrochemical engineering environment preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.