7 months ago
Engineering Specialists Graduate Programme 2020
Fawley, HAM, GB
At ExxonMobil we’re using technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. We’re recruiting now for our 2020 UK Graduate Programme and we are seeking exceptional people who we can empower to think independently, take initiative and be innovative.
What’s in it for you?
We’re one of the world’s biggest energy and chemical companies and we reward our employees accordingly. We offer a competitive graduate starting salary and you’ll also receive our generous graduate resettlement allowance. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package, which includes a defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families. Continuing the health and wellbeing theme, there are also free gyms at most of our UK sites.
But more than that, ExxonMobil is a great place to start and to build a career, it isn’t just another graduate job. Crucially, we offer our graduates real jobs from day one, with future UK-based and international opportunities. Our graduate development programme provides you with an in depth introduction to the company as well as technical training to enable you to succeed in your first job. We also provide on-going learning and technical training. With this backing you will be well supported as you work to obtain chartered status.
What would you be doing?
Whichever team you start in you’ll have real responsibility from day one and we’ll provide a supportive learning environment.
* Fixed Equipment Engineer - you will be a core member of a team delivering equipment integrity across the Fawley Site. The role involves inspection of existing equipment, equipment strategy development, day to day trouble shooting and project implementation. You will get to work with different types of refining and petrochemical equipment, and work to manage equipment life to ensure it works safely and efficiently.
* Machinery Engineer - you will be an integral member of the Machinery Team with accountability to one or more business areas. Your responsibility will be to provide engineering support for machinery such as pumps, compressors, turbines, gearboxes, fans, etc. The work involves reactive operational / maintenance activities, including root cause failure analysis, in order to ensure the long term reliability of the equipment. You will use your engineering knowledge to develop risk assessments on equipment that will directly influence the decisions taken by the business. Although based at a site, you will quickly develop into a contributing member of a much wider machinery network providing you with access to a wealth of experience from around the globe.
* Electrical Engineer - you will be an integral member of the Electrical Team. Your responsibility will be to provide engineering support for electrical distribution system and equipment such as Switchboards, Transformers, UPS’s, Pump, fan or compressor motors, electrical actuators, etc. Your role will include providing operations, maintenance and project support, incident investigations, assessing risk, influencing business decisions, defining projects, etc. Although based at a site, you will quickly develop into a contributing member of a much wider global electrical network.
You’ll have excellent opportunities to gain a wide range of experiences in your first few years with the Company, and those roles detailed above are just two examples. See our Careers Brochure for further details about ExxonMobil Graduate Careers.
What are we looking for?
To be eligible for this role, you must:
* Have, or be on track for, at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in an engineering degree that includes mechanical and / or materials modules or electrical
* Be graduating in 2020 or have graduated in 2019, 2018 or 2017
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Candidates should also be motivated to continue their professional development as an engineer and work with Company mentors towards IMechE Chartership.
Relevant work experience on summer or industrial placements is preferred, but not essential.
How do you apply and what’s the process?
Interested? Click 'Apply Now' and submit your application to our Recruitment Team today. Applications are open until 18 October 2019.
If your application meets or exceeds our minimum criteria you will be invited to take our online test (it should be completed within five days of you receiving it). Candidates who pass the online test will be invited to a competency-based Skype interview between June and November. If successful, this will be followed by an interview at one our UK operating locations, which will comprise both competency based and technical questions. The final round will be at an assessment centre near Fawley Refinery (Southampton) in November or early December.
If your application is not successful at any stage we will let you know as soon as we can, but please allow at least 21 days.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Engineer, Electrical, Refinery, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Energy