2 months ago
Job IDDate posted 12/19/2019
Location Yeovil, England
Company BDUKL - United Kingdom
BDUK Engineering Safety Official
Reporting to the BDUK Safety Lead and Chief Airworthiness Engineer, this post will take the lead for the Risk and Assurance Safety Management pillars within the Engineering function.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
Occurrence Management of relevant safety reports. Facilitation of Hazard Working Group to create and mature functional BowTies Perform Safety Investigations in response to the triaging of safety reports Facilitate and deliver safety performance / trending metrics as part of the engineering functional SAG Perform Safety Promotion and feedback Delivery of SMS and HF training within the engineering function as required to support compliance with required regulation Creation and maintenance of the Engineering Function Safety Management Plan. Maintenance of the Engineering SAG Safety Risk Register Track and monitor safety actions and recommendations Safety communication to management, leadership teams and the workforce Establish and maintain SMS interfaces in conjunction with the BDUK Risk and Assurance Lead Support to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Party audits Maintenance of the Safety Records Continuously improve the BDUK Safety Culture (including feedback to reporters) Continue to assist the BDUK Safety Lead to Design the ICAO and RA1200 compliant BDUK SMS. This will be in accordance with the Project Management Plan, guidance/best practice from the Boeing SMS Community of Practice and in close liaison with BDUK EHS and Quality Teams.
Travel within the UK is expected and some overseas travel may be required.
* HNC (minimum) in Engineering or equivalent or formal ATPL qualification in aircraft operations along with appropriate experience of aircraft operations or maintenance environment.
* Formal Safety Management Systems training and experience.
* Previous industry experience in the application of current MAA safety policy and requirements in a military aircraft context.
* Appropriate experience with the use of common safety tools such as Risk Registers, Bow Tie Diagrams, Goal Structuring Notation, hazard databases (such as CASSANDRA), Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to lead on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility.
* Ability to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
* Ability to identify help needed and coordinate with the appropriate leaders and team members.
* The candidate should possess strong communication skills, Safety training skills and demonstrate the ability to use common IT and project management concepts/tools.
* The role will have significant UK MoD customer, supplier and wider Boeing interfaces and, therefore, a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.