5 months ago
Engineering Project Manager for Aventra bids (m/f)-TEMA-UKDY01466600
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on high quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Project Manager for Aventra bids (m/f) based in Derby, United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To lead, manage and control all engineering-related activities in bids to deliver a competitive technical solution that will be able to be delivered to Quality, Cost and Schedule in the project. The bids themselves will need to deliver against requirements, budget and schedule.
To ensure best practices are applied on all bids and transferred to new projects.
To be the main Engineering interface with the customer.
- To lead all engineering aspects of bids considering the design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project. To create a bid that satisfies customer requirements along with a deliverable project budget and schedule. Accountable for ensuring the product bid compliance with all contractual and legal requirements, particularly those that relate to certification.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments and with relevant functions (Project Management, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids Management). Representing the entire Engineering department in relation to the customer’s technical departments and partners. Accountable within the Bid Core Team for the engineering activity and reporting its performance and progress.
- Monitor, control and report monthly all bid related financial aspects consistent with the established bid management procedures to attain established goals. Timely identification of relevant issues that may impact the bid to the Bid Core Team and conversely feeding back to the Engineering team, then to jointly identify the resultant action plans to mitigate the issue.
- Continuous optimization of Bid/Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions. Highlighting any performance gaps and triggering remedial actions if appropriate.
- Ensuring that relevant skills required by the bid are identified, communicated and made available by the Engineering Function in order to fulfill bid requirements.
- University degree in an Engineering discipline;
- Preferably Chartered Engineer;
- Relevant experience in an international environment in railway industry;
- Leading significant engineering bids as part of a complete bid, contract values could be upwards of £1 billion;
- Able to compare against competitors and shape our offering to manage any threats;
- Sound commercial acumen and awareness of business impact in a highly sophisticated technical environment;
- Good analytical skills and ability to communicate findings of complex ideas in a clear and comprehensive manner and conclusions effectively to senior leaders;
- Strong prioritization skills in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Capability to influence and integrate other functions.
Posting date: 31.10.2017
Closing date: 30.11.2017
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular