5 months ago
Engineering Manager – Rail
Based Ulleskelf with travel
The Trans-Pennine Route Upgrade aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York, North Yorkshire towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds, West Yorkshire.
The East of Leeds, West Yorkshire part of the Trans-Pennine Route between York, North Yorkshire and Leeds, West Yorkshire was awarded to an Alliance including J. Murphy and Sons.
Main Purpose of Role
To work with the PC Rep and aid with the overall management and delivery of the project or Section(s) of the project ensuring compliance to CDM 2015
* Produce and manage Construction phase plan(s) on behalf of TRU East Alliance
* Implement and promote the Better Engineered strategic objective within the business unit,
* Provide guidance and support to projects to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering,
* Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved,
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard,
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department.
* Ensure project(s) compliance to Construction Design Management 2015 (CDM)
* Significant experience in the UK rail industry, in an engineering role
* In-depth understanding of CDM 2015 and it's application to a rail environment
* Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of contract management
* Ability to prioritise objectives and capable of completing work to deadlines
* Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, and the integrity to develop trust and respect
* Leadership with the emotional intelligence to continually improve and develop and help others advance