about 1 year ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a distributed engineering team, building platform Operating Systems that will shape and define the Internet of Things.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next computer revolution, offering exciting opportunities to transform society and business using internet-connected devices. At Arm we are building device software and web services to enable these opportunities to become reality. Mbed OS is our open source platform operating system which simplifies and speeds up the creation of IoT devices based on Arm microcontrollers.
You will lead teams building parts of Mbed OS, our platform operating system for microcontrollers. You will also lead teams developing future concepts and products. Your work will be used in billions of IoT devices around the globe. Get ready to have a huge impact!
You are an experienced Engineering Manager with a background in embedded software and operating systems and a proven track-record of delivering products which have shipped in high volume. You are passionate about new technology and you enjoy working with people to overcome shared problems. You are ready to apply your experience and leadership skills to a new challenge where you can have a major impact on the future of IoT.
What will I be Accountable for?
* Leading and running engineering teams building and releasing core components of Mbed OS and other new product concepts
* Collaborating with other Arm engineering teams who deliver technology into Mbed OS
* Collaborating with open source communities
* Ensuring the quality and timeliness of our deliveries
* Working with partners and customers as they deploy Mbed OS in real devices
* Ensuring that we provide extraordinary support to our Mbed developer community
* Driving continuous improvement initiatives in the way we work
* Recruiting expert software engineers to work in our teams
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* A track-record in delivering products which have shipped in significant volume
* Considerable experience building and leading multi-site software engineering teams
* A strong engineering background with excellent understanding of operating systems and embedded software
* Experience working closely with customers to deliver successful projects
* Understanding of the opportunities and risks when open source software is used in commercial products
* An understanding of how to form, motivate and lead high performing teams spread over multiple geographies
* Experience of leading teams through change
* An organised mind matched with an attention to detail and an ability to ensure that balls don’t get dropped
* A passion to learn about new technologies
Desirable skills and experience
* Understanding of Linux and embedded Linux system
* Experience working directly with open source communities
* Background in web services and service development
* Background in UX and usability driven design
* Exposure to Agile project techniques: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile PLM, Lean Six Sigma, PMP certification
* Experience of ISO certification and audits
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road