6 months ago
Engineering Manager – D&S Solutions (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you question the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Lead a highly skilled global engineering team working on React webapp supported by a Java & Python microservice platform that is currently being migrated from Linux VM’s to Kubernetes running on Azure Cloud with a GitLab and Azure DevOps build and deployment pipeline.
– Work directly with the trading, structuring, operations and quant teams to take our global cross-asset and award winning client platforms to the next level.
– Own and drive deliveries setting the architectural vision and nurturing a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable leading a fast moving Agile team delivering in weekly cycles
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the opportunity to simplify and rationalise them
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
The London based team is part of a integrated global team delivering multiple award winning technology solutions for the Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) and Actively Managed Certificates (AMC) business areas. We work as a fast paced ‘Hybrid Pod’ releasing new software weekely and where our close links to our business colleagues is a key strength. QIS are algorithmic products that observe market movements and drive performance according to prescribed criteria. AMC’s are a convenient wrapper that allows a third party investment manager to package a strategy in a UBS issued note that can easily be distributed to multiple investors.
– Multiple years' experience managing high performing agile software engineering teams
– Proven expertise in server-side Java and/or Python development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming, RESTful web services and event streaming (particularly with Kafka)
– with a desire to remain a hands on engineer
– Familiarity with the derivatives business domain and day-to-day experience of working directly with the front office
– Experience of working closely with senior business stakeholder, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a highly motivated global team
You may have:
– Prior experience delivering Quantitative Investment Strategies or other relevant experience in quoting or risk
– Experience of cloud migrations, particularly Azure
– Delivered solutions using containers, Kubernetes or serverless
– Web frontend experience; HTML5,ECMA Script 6, React, Redux
– Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres and/or NoSql databases
– Experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
– A proven technical leader with a clear view of how to deliver success for your clients
– Comfortable heading multi-region high performing teams and shaping the architectural vision
– An excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills and experience of delivering to the front office
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– Proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements as client opportunities emerge
– Keen to learn and adopt new technologies