3 months ago
Engineering Manager - Caterham)
We are recruiting for an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our Linden Homes business, covering the South East region from Caterham, Surrey.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the role of Technical Manager would be required to manage the design for two to three live projects, fitting into an established team, with an ethos to deliver. Applicants will oversee the team and will be expected to share their knowledge base with the less senior members of the team.
The Role includes the responsibility to ensure timely issue and distribution of a drawing package to enable a full and comprehensive tender process, for a start on site with the right information and clearance of any statutory bodies conditions.
* Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion
* Appointment of consultants ensuring they prepare detailed design in accordance with any Employers Requirement and Contractors Proposals.
* Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered.
* To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details and Building Regulation Application.
* Clearance of planning and building control conditions.
* Management of utilities.
* Manage the preparation, approval and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
* Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation, Group Policy and Procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
Overall the candidate will need to show some past experience in the house building sector, either directly through a Housebuilder or working through an Engineering Consultancy. They will be expected to manage a multitude of technical engineering information pertaining to individual developments which will need to be reviewed, collated and distributed to internal and external consultants, meeting various deadlines.
* Construction/design related further education
* Construction/design related HNC/HND/Degree
* Relevant CSCS card
* New build experience in private spec housing is essential
* Applicants will need to demonstrate an excellent base level of technical knowledge.
Applicants will need to demonstrate an excellent base level of Technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of Building Regulations, Planning and the funding criteria relevant to the Affordable Housing in particular i.e Secure by Design, HQI's, London Housing Design Guide, NHF Guidelines, Wheelchair Standards etc.
A good knowledge of the residential development sector is also required, in terms of design guidance, preparation of specification(s), NHBC regulations and planning guidance and policy etc.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting housing developments, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges. Our benefits package includes
* Competitive salary
* Company Car/Allowance
* Annual bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional days
* Private Healthcare
* Discounted Gym memberships
* SAYE scheme
* 'Rewards' Scheme - Voluntary benefits scheme
With an ambitious growth strategy, Linden Homes is going places so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Linden Homes is the right place for you.
Primary Location : Surrey
Work Locations : Caterham Linden House Linden House Guards Avenue Caterham CR3 5XL
Job : Design
Organization : Linden Homes Division OU 2002
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Jan 17, 2019, 2:13:55 PM