13 days ago
Job number: BBV00462
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Responsible for integration and interface management between BBV design & engineering services, other HS2 designers, supply chain design teams and external bodies, including Highways Authorities and Network Rail.
What you'll be doing
* Responsible for a large multi-disciplinary design and engineering team, located mainly in the UK, supported by parent company overseas resource.
* Oversee the performance of the BBV Design and Engineering team, comprising Temporary Works, Utilities Design, Materials Management & Testing, Instrumentation & Monitoring.
* Manage BBVs Geotechnical design resource, supporting geotechnical investigations and flow of GI information to BBV design teams and supply chain.
* Manage the interface between BBVs surveys and investigations teams (eg surveying, utilities, environmental) to ensure the design team requirements are scoped, specified and delivered for use in the permanent and temporary works designs.
* Oversee the management of design interfaces between the Permanent Works Design Delivery Team (led BBVAAAs Lead Designer (DJV)) and other HS2 designers (other Main Works Civils Contractors, Early Works Contractor, Rail Systems Designers).
* Oversee the management of design interfaces between key Stakeholders and approval bodies such as Network Rail and Highways Authorities
* Ensure Design Interface Control Documents are prepared for each interface and monitor to ensure effective management and control by the relevant Design Managers (Sublot Design Managers for Permanent Works and Temporary Works).
* Manage the design interface between the permanent works Lead Designer (DJV) and the BBV supply chain for preparation and approval of designs to Level of Definition 5 (LoD5). Interfaces will include shop drawings and detailed specifications for deep foundations (piling and diaphragm walls), steelwork, MEICA equipment, precast concrete.AAAAAAAAAA
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are considered essential:
* Qualified Civil Engineer or similar equivalent, with multi-disciplinary breadth
* Excellent communication skills
* Understanding of the construction environment for safe and buildable designs
* Experience of working with a major design consultancy and major contractor
* Highly organised with good management and coordination skills
* BBV behaviours, respecting equality and diversity
* Leading teams, people management skills, effective delegation, mentoring & coaching and developing others
* Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.AA We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities.AA Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.AA
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations.AANot every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences.AA BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.AA
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.