30 days ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you an Engineering Manager passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Engineering Manager. Being an experienced Engineering Manager at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
Provide engineering leadership for work packages within an overall programme of works.
· Develop and maintains strong engineering relationships with the client.
· Responsible for managing and integrating the engineering resources to support the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary design and implementation work packages, to programme and to the required quality.
· Responsible for implementing the engineering strategy for the programme and providing technical support to the Infrastructure Services Director, supporting on inter-disciplinary engineering management issues, and ensuring compliance with Amey EM procedures.
· Ensure that staff are competent and, where necessary, licenced to undertake the level of engineering required on the programme, including discipline specific Responsible Engineers (REs)
· Recruit, train and mentor staff within their area of professional excellence to meet the competency requirements identified by the Technical Directors
· Ensure that the work package has defined competency requirements
· Lead on the Engineering management of individual multi-disciplinary work packages within the programme
· Monitor and ensure continuous improvement of the performance of REs within the programme
· Lead on innovation and promotion of best practice
· Work with the Regional Engineering Directors, Discipline Leads, and other Managers across Amey, to develop and implement continuous improvement on multidisciplinary projects
· Report on technical aspects of the programme in line with business objectives
We want to hear from you if:
· BSc/BEng, or MSc/Meng in Civil Engineering or another relevant subject
· Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
· IRSE Assessor
· Approved CEM and / or CRE
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
• Competitive salary
• Exceptional development and progression plan
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.
16 days ago
only 13 days until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close