4 months ago
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd. (Skynet)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Engineering Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Modem Centre of Excellence (COE).
You will organise the engineering activities of an engineering team that is developing new features and waveforms for satellite Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) platforms. You will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of technical competency within the Modem Group and will manage and guide the existing team in providing innovative modem design solutions.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Modem Engineering Manager responsibilities will include (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:
- Leading the Modem Implementation team(s) to ensure that modem solutions are implemented in line with defined development processes;
- Ensure that Engineering Processes for Product Development are correctly specified and then followed.
- Ensure that Engineering Processes for Product Test and Verification are correctly specified and then followed.
- Ensure that Engineering Processes for Product Support are correctly specified and then followed.
- Soft-skills such as managing a team of approximately 12 engineers in attaining complex functionality, identifying the need for additional engineers, training needs etc
- Work in close co-operation with the team SDA and Project Manager to realise the team’s goals.
- Assure that the tools and lab equipment needed for the team to meet its goals are identified, made available and in a usable condition.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Management Experience.
- Software integration/debugging of real-time embedded systems.
- Interest in the definition of and through life development of Modem Products and/or solutions for Software Defined Radio platforms;
- Interest in/familiarity with Modem Technologies including knowledge of commercially available satcom products and best practice methodologies;
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.