7 months ago
Talented people are the key to our success
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail & Electrification business for an ambitious and talented Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals. Working with our Infrastructure business, knowledge of Rail experience is required.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management of internal and external engineering resources to ensure deliverables are completed on time, to budget and in agreement with the project requirements. A robust knowledge of Rail standards and processes is essential for this role, as well as experience of leading a team. Experience as a CEM is essential.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
* Input into all engineering activities at pre-contract and delivery stages
* Identify temporary works and other engineering aspects and allocate appropriate resources in conjunction with operations directors
* Liaise with customers
* Provide point of reference contact for customers
* Ensure staff records, training and competency are in place
* Implement health, safety, environment and quality requirements appropriate for each customer and contract
* Manage high level relationships with consulting engineers including the effective implementation of design agreements and design management activity
As an experienced Engineering Manager, you will be educated to Degree level (or HND in Engineering) and have previous experience with Rail projects.
Transport for London (TfL) awarded a £196 million contract to a joint venture of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure and VolkerFitzpatrick (MSVF) to extend the London Overground to Barking Riverside.
The 4.5km extension of the Gospel Oak to Barking line, one of the major projects in TfL’s Business Plan, is an intrinsic part of the Barking Riverside development, a 180-hectare site on the northern bank of the River Thames that will become home to one of London’s most significant housing developments.
Preparation work for the extension will commence immediately, with main construction due to start in early 2019 and train services commencing from late 2021. Under the contract, MSVF will deliver:
* A 4.5km extension to Barking Riverside, from the Tilbury Loop Line between Barking and Dagenham Dock stations to Barking Riverside
• Reconfiguration of Network Rail’s Ripple Lane goods yard to allow the extension to connect to the Tilbury Loop
• Construction of a viaduct over the Ripple Lane yard. This will require the viaduct to be built over the Tilbury Loop and foundations constructed between the HS1 tunnels
• Continuation of the viaduct for a further 1.5km over Renwick Road and into the heart of Barking Riverside
• Construction of a new terminus station within the Barking Riverside town square. The station will have step-free access from street to train.
The London Overground extension will deliver a sustainable public transport alternative to car travel and link Barking Riverside into London’s wider public transport network through connections at Barking, with District and Hammersmith & City services and c2c services to London Fenchurch Street and Essex.
The service will operate with four trains an hour and feature electric London Overground trains with air-conditioning and walk-through carriages, for customer comfort.
About our Rail & Electrification Team
Our customers benefit from the multi-disciplined service we offer in the high speed and underground rail sectors with expertise covering electrification and civil engineering as well as building capabilities including structures, lineside infrastructure, station enhancements and new build.
Our team consists of more than 275 staff - including safety critical staff certified up to engineering supervisor competence level. We work across the UK and Scotland with offices in London, Ware, Rugby, Stoke and Glasgow.
We are a leading provider of construction and isolation services to the rail industry, offering design and build 25kv overhead line and light rail electrification systems, complemented by our own fleet of specialist rail plant.
Our Electrification team provides services across the UK, with a base in Ware, Hertfordshire supported by a specialist electrification training centre and plant depot at Swynnerton, Staffordshire, and Scotland depot at Larkhall, South Lanarkshire.
Our expertise is focused not only on effective project delivery but also on minimising railway user and environmental disruption through innovative working practices. These include ‘live launch’ bridge construction - where bridges are installed while railways beneath remain operational and ‘offline’ construction and modularisation techniques within stations.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.