about 1 year ago
Engineering Lead - Electrical
Requisition ID :2019-38249
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Electrical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Woods nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood has won Lot 2 (engineering) of the Cumbria, North West PPP; a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects.
This programme underpins the decommissioning plan to reduce the hazard at site.
The PPP will consist of 5 integrated ‘globally renowned‘ partners (including Cumbria, North West)
Lot 1 Kellogg Brown and Root – Integration,
Lot 2 Wood Nuclear Ltd – Design & Engineering,
Lot 3 Morgan Sindall Construction - Civil Construction,
Lot 4 Doosan Babcock Ltd- Process Construction.
The Engineering Lead - Electrical position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team which will be directly responsible for change in a highly-regulated industry, which will invest up to £7bn over the next two decades.
This is a full-time role responsible for delivery of discipline engineering scope on a major EPC (typical TIC £500m+).
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Ensuring design is produced in line with required Regulatory, Customer and Company standards for EHSS&Q.
* Delivery of all discipline related Engineering Design deliverables to cost, schedule and quality
* Identification and application of discipline related design standards and specifications applicable to the project
* Overseeing team progressing and reporting
* Engineering coordination across disciplines
* Performing appropriate engineering reviews
* Identifying discipline resource needs and recruiting appropriately
* Ensuring design change and configuration is effectively implemented
* Overall management and coordination of discipline team on the project.
* The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are implemented.
The role will be Warrington and Cumbria, North West based and thus frequent travel to Cumbria, North West will be required.
A base in Cumbria with regular travel to Warrington is also practicable.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
* Mobilising/recruiting discipline engineering resources including competency assessment
* Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
* Producing/reviewing engineering estimates and programmes
* Implementation of design verification and validation
* Managing discipline design phase reviews
* Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors
* Managing cost and schedule performance of teams
* General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards including CDM
* Managing discipline workshare with HVEC other design offices
* Understanding key discipline related engineering software systems
* Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.