9 months ago
Engineering Industrial Placement
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Chemical/Mechanical Engineering Industrial Placement
Location: Clitheroe, Lancashire
Job Family: Engineering
Johnson Matthey is a successful FTSE 100 company; a global business that operates with a small business feel. An international speciality chemicals company and a leader in sustainable technologies employing over 10,000 people worldwide.
The Efficient Natural Resources sector serves customers around the world and has manufacturing sites in Europe, USA, India and China, supported by technology development facilities in the UK and US and technical offices in all of the key markets worldwide. At the Clitheroe site we manufacture process catalysts for the syngas, methanol, ammonia, hydrogen, GTL products, and gas processing industries.
An opportunity has arisen for Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering students currently in their second year at University to spend their third year on an Industrial Placement at the Clitheroe catalyst manufacturing site. The placement will start in July 2020 and end by August 2021 (precise dates negotiable).
· Develop designs for Improvement projects that reduce cost, improve quality, improve plant capacity, improve reliability, that ensure the continued safe operation of the plants, with minimal environmental impact
· To carry out design calculations ensuring full compliance with all relevant codes, standards and Environmental Health and Safety requirements
· Support and assist the work of the production teams, to further develop/ enhance the production capability
· Assist with the commissioning of new projects
· To support the site wide Process Safety Programme (Chemical Engineering only)
· To design, plan, execute and analyse data from plant trials to achieve incremental improvement of products, processes or raw materials (Chemical Engineering only)
· To provide a full mechanical and maintenance design service, meeting all project/maintenance requirements, including the preparation of drawings and documentation (Mechanical Engineering only)
· To accept delegated responsibility for purchasing and procurement in order to meet cost and timescale targets (Mechanical Engineering only)
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will be:
· In the second year of a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree
· Averaging a 2.1 or above so far and be expected to achieve a final grade of 2.1 or above
· A quick learner
· Able to thrive in a teamworking environment
· Responsible for your actions
· Able to turn theory into practical solutions
· A great communicator
How to apply: Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for application: 20/12/2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.