19 days ago
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Engineering Director to our thriving Central Account. This role will see you providing strategic engineering leadership to the regional team, whilst also developing and maintaining strong engineering relationships with customers.
The successful candidate will be accountable for directing the engineering resources to support the successful bidding and delivery of single and multi-disciplinary design projects across a portfolio of projects to programme and to the required quality.
Plus, the responsibility for developing and delivering the engineering strategy for the region and providing technical support to the Account Director. Leading on all inter-disciplinary engineering management issues, identifying and developing people to undertake Engineering roles on individual projects, including at bid stage, and ensuring compliance with Amey’s Engineering Management Manual (EMMa)
In a typical week you will:
* Ensure that staff are competent and, where necessary, licenced to undertake the level of engineering required on any bid or project, including any (multi-disciplinary) Engineering Managers
* Work with the Technical Directors and Discipline Leads to develop the regional capability strategy including identifying specialist support services.
* Develop the capability in line with the predicted workload of projects and the future value propositions being evolved
* Monitor training requirements across the engineering team and ensure they have been included in the Business Plan
* Provide direction and leadership to deliver planned growth, development, recruitment, competency and mentoring of staff
* Undertake annual appraisals of Principal Engineering Managers and other discipline leads (PDRs), liaising with the relevant Project Managers and ensure all PDRs of engineers within the region are undertaken effectively
* Direct the recruitment, training and mentoring of staff within the region to meet the competency requirements identified by the Technical Directors and the Account Director for the region
* Ensure that all bids and projects have defined multidisciplinary competency requirements
* Develop the marketing strategy and represent Amey as Engineering Director for their account.
* Lead on the Engineering management of multi-disciplinary projects within the Region
* Improve the performance of (C)EMs within the Region
* Lead on Innovation and promotion of Standard or Best practice
* Interface with Resource Management tools to maximise utilisation across the account
* Work with the Technical Directors, other Engineering Directors and Account Directors to plan and grow the level of engineering resource necessary to support projects as identified in the Business Plan, including identifying and assessing key suppliers
* Liaise with the Account Director, Project Directors and Project Managers, particularly during bids, to ensure that resource requirements are understood and can be met by the team or external supply chain.
* Support Recruitment and Retention Strategies.
Client Relationship Management
* Continuously engage with the technical areas of our clients’ business to get feedback on our technical delivery and capability across the account
* Act as the Principal point of contact for Engineering matters with our clients within the regional hub
* Accountable for ensuring that competent resource is provided to develop the pipeline for the account
* Accountable for promotion of the account’s services and professional excellence with clients.
Technical Excellence & Continuous Improvement
* Work with the Engineering Directors, Technical Directors, Discipline Leads, and other Managers across Amey, to develop and implement continuous improvement on multi-disciplinary projects
* Support the Technical Directors in developing Amey’s understanding of the client’s existing and future needs, and solutions to meet those
* Responsible for the Management and maintenance of RISQs approval in all relevant categories for the account
* Promote Amey’s professional / technical excellence with existing clients
* Report on technical aspects of the business in line with Amey Consulting business objectives
* Assist Account Director with identifying support for bids and contribute personally to a winning tender submission on key projects.
* Engage in high-value consultancy opportunities and support the Head of Engineering in developing this business stream.
* Act as BUIC (Business Unit Incident Coordinator) for all engineering related close calls and incidents within the account
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Diploma in management or proven successful track record in general management
* BSc, BEng, or MSc in Engineering (or equivalent in relevant subject)
* Chartered Engineer; Fellow of relevant Institution desirable
* Experience of working in a design and construction environment
* Experience of working on multi-disciplinary rail projects.
* Proven track record in the delivery of specific engineering service line with an innovative approach to solving client problems
* Proven track record in the training, mentoring and development of staff to achieve appropriate professional qualifications and career ambitions
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Discretionary Bonus Scheme
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Your career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.