29 days ago
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of QinetiQ Group PLC specialising in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art Unmanned Aerial and Surface Target systems including the world leading Banshee target. QTS targets are used to enable realistic weapons test and evaluation and operator training in over 40 countries worldwide with QTS providing a complete managed service in over 15 of these countries.
Job description/Person specification
The Engineering Design & Drafting Technologist is responsible for creating/updating engineering design and drafting tasks.
• Use specialized software to create 3D prototyping, models, drawings, and other technical publications (such as engineering memorandums, simulations, engineering change control documents, etc.)
• Training and mentoring junior staff.
• Recommend changes to department procedures, work instruction, and standards.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Review (for inconsistencies/errors) and approve drawings and change control documentation.
• Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the engineering designs/drawings.
• Evaluate existing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvement.
• Ensure tasks are completed on-time and within the specified budget.
• Assist with design, prototype and confirm designs with engineering team.
• Operation of 3D printer when required.
• Additional tasks as assigned by superior.
1. Supervisor, Engineering Design & Drafting Technologist Lead
• Excellent communications, prioritization, organizational, and project development skills.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under stress and tight schedules.
• Strong critical thinking ability.
• High attention to detail.
• Good design and spatial recognition skills.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism.
• Ability to work as a team or individual.
• Ability to visualize 3D objects for producing accurate 2D drawings.
Experience & Qualifications
1. Post-Secondary Engineering related diploma or higher from a recognized institution.
2. CET designation through ASET
3. 3 years minimum experience in field.
4. High degree of proficiency in drafting and parametric modelling software (Autodesk Inventor experience is an asset).
5. Computer proficiency (Document Management Software, MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
6. Project Management knowledge is an asset.
Additional desirable assets would include:
7. Technical Writing experience.
8. Knowledge of fabrication processes (metalwork, wiring, electronics, etc.).
9. Aptitude in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.