about 1 year ago
27 Apr 2018
40 hours per week
Hatfield (Head Office)
This role will co-ordinate engineering compliance within the Building Technology department including delivery of all sites planned maintenance and service level agreements. Oversee planning condition compliance on construction projects. Develop and maintain contractor management processes ensuring compliance to health, safety and environmental legislation. Advise the team and monitor projects on CDM Regulation compliance. Undertake horizon scanning to ensure changes in relevant legislation are taken on board in future works.
This role would be ideal for a candidate looking to progress their career in Health and Safety.
Role & Responsibilities
* Assist in the development, implementation and management of policies in relation to all aspects of engineering compliance responsibility on sites.
* Coordinate and manage the application process for areas of compliance including engagement with external agencies/bodies and consultants in terms of consent from pre-application through to submission and issue.
* Provide advice and guidance internally on compliance matters including the Construction, Design and Management regulations and internal company procedures.
* Recommend improved ways of working to achieve a goal of continuous improvement and best practices.
* Attend/participate in H&S reviews, when appropriate, and ensure actions are completed within agreed timescales and all documentation maintained.
* Oversee maintenance activities, ensuring we deliver the required level of service to our operational and project customers.
* Develop and implement facilities management systems for the administration of assets and work orders.
* Form excellent working relationships with site operational teams, contractors, service providers and Business support services.
* Ability to work within a team of varying experiences in a way that optimises overall performance.
Deputise when required for the Senior Compliance Manager.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
* Can communicate confidently and effectively at all levels
* Capability to embrace and effect change
* Creative thinker to develop ideas within a fast paced and customer focused environment
* Able to maintain accurate and detailed records including budget creation and management
* Understanding of Ocado spoke network and site operations
* Numerate and PC literate
* Ability to demonstrate proactive and considered application of Health and Safety Legislation
* NEBOSH National General Certificate
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
* Completed or working towards NEBOSH Diploma
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 days with 3 years service
* Employee Assistance Program
* Free Shares
* Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as you Earn Schemes
* Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites.