4 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
We are seeking an Engineer or Senior Engineer with experience in the Highways sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway, road safety and traffic engineering projects. Due to recent successes our team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
You will form part of an existing team to deliver a variety of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public and private sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
Your role will be at the heart of our high performing region, using your technical skills and expertise to help us continue driving forward in terms of both technical quality and service efficiency.
This position could be based from on of Bristol, Basingstoke, Guildford our Southampton office.
A typical week would include:
* Assisting Principal/Senior Engineers in managing the delivery of highway projects and services for Central Government, local authorities and other public/private sector clients.
* Liaising at an appropriate level with clients, stakeholders and other technical disciplines to deliver innovative, value-for-money designs and solutions within time and cost constraints.
* Guiding, supervising and directing more junior team members in technical and project management matters to ensure the effective delivery of projects whilst aiding the technical/professional development of the team.
* Assisting the Principal/Senior Engineers in managing the programming of resources and projects to ensure timely delivery. Managing your own task order resources and budgets.
* Working closely with the other Highways teams and, other construction professionals to optimise and develop fully integrated solutions.
* Experience/understanding of stakeholder engagement and consultation processes, including liaising with key stakeholders and negotiating with external parties including the public.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A relevant degree and post qualification experience
* Actively working Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status
* The ability to lead work on small projects or task orders for frameworks, or lead disciplines/sections as part of a larger delivery team on complex projects in a CAD/BIM environment.
* Some experience of the preparation of design briefs and managing individual task costs and budgets.
* Working knowledge of design standards – DMRB, MfS and understanding of highway design software
* Working knowledge of contracts
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.