6 months ago
About the Role
Engineer, Highways - Guildford
Our Highways team in Guildford is expanding rapidly to meet the significant workload, This is your opportunity to join the Highways Team within our Transport and Infrastructure Consultancy and to share in the opportunities being a market leader brings.
We are seeking an Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team to deliver a number of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning/detailed design and onto construction.
A typical week would include:
* Preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB
* Development of designs using AutoCAD
* Management of work packages with scope to move up to managing smaller schemes
* Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
* Production of technical reports as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Experience of working to British standards is essential
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Full, clean driver’s license
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
* Skills in one or more industry standard design software
* Adept in the use of AutoCAD and aptitude to develop in MX/Civils3D
* Proficient in use of standard office software
* Capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.