about 1 year ago
About the Role
The Croydon Highways team is seeking an Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team to deliver a number of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning/detailed design and onto construction.
The candidate will be required to prepare designs and specifications under the supervision of experienced senior staff. Duties will include :
* Preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB
* Development of designs, with good understanding of AutoCAD or other relevant softwares
* Management of work packages with scope to move up to managing smaller schemes
* Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
* Production of technical reports as required.
Training and Work Experience:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in civil engineering or another appropriate subject and be working towards corporate membership of an appropriate professional engineering institution. Experience of working to British standards is essential.
The successful candidate will be capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach. Evidence of good communication and team work skills will be sought.
Specific attributes :
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Full, clean driver’s license
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
* Skills in one or more industry standard design software
* Adept in the use of AutoCAD and aptitude to develop in MX/Civils3D
* Proficient in use of standard office software.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Our Guiding Principles
— We value our people and our reputation.
— We are locally dedicated with international scale.
— We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
— We foster collaboration in everything we do.
— We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.