6 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
The Belfast Highways team is seeking an Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of a growing team working on exciting projects.
We are looking for a logical thinker with the responsibility for adequacy of design, compliance with standards and legislation, driving technical excellence within the team and developing fit-for-purpose design solutions appropriate for our broad client base.
A typical week would include:
1. On site meeting landowners to gain local knowledge, undertaking surveys and gathering constraint information to consider in your design
2. Brainstorming ideas with the team to identify constraints and agree how best to solve problems
3. Co-ordinating inputs and outputs with environmental colleagues and other disciplines to produce an integrated design
4. With an awareness of how your tasks fit in to the overall project be accountable and responsible for delivery and to a high standard
5. Guiding and mentoring team members to broaden and deepen your understanding of a subject or design issue
6. Explaining design and decisions to senior colleagues as part of a challenge and review process
7. Taking into consideration the views of others challenge and innovate to develop better ways of working
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A 2:1 or better in a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
* 3 years post graduate experience in highways and infrastructure
* Be passionate with the curiosity and creativity to solve problems
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
* CEng or IEng or working towards professional qualification
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in relevant design software
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Following our recent success in retaining our position on the Department for Infrastructure’s Major Works Consultancy Services Framework 2017 and continued delivery on key projects including the 88km A5 Western Transport Corridor, A29 Cookstown By-pass, Armagh East Link, Strathroy Link Road alongside other infrastructure projects in Ireland and UK we are looking for experienced candidates to expand our local team.
Think you’ll fit in? Find your career path at WSP.