about 1 year ago
Engineer – Highways-180708
Kier Strategic Highways is looking to recruit an Engineer based in Bristol to join the South West Design Services Contract.
Reporting to the Team Leader or Senior Highways Engineer your main responsibility will be to carry out highway scheme identification, study work and prepare detailed designs for maintenance and improvement schemes.
You will be required to supervise other staff in the Highways Design Team and stand in for the Senior Highways Engineer when necessary.
* Supervision of technicians, apprentices and graduate engineers
* Highway studies and scheme identification work
* Detailed design of maintenance and improvement schemes
* Review of Development control work ( Section 278 agreements)
* Cost and budget control including preparation and reporting of cost estimates.
* Preparation of Bill of Quantities
* Preparation of reports, drawings, specifications and contract documents, including
* Scheme Risk Registers
* Scheme information document
* As-built drawings and post completion reviews
* Value management and engineering including early contractor involvement and liaison with Project Managers and Construction Framework Contractors
* Compliance with Highways England and SW DSC processes, procedures and reporting requirements
* Compliance with Highways England performance requirements
* Liaison with the Highways England and other stakeholders
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* HNC/HND/Foundation Degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering
* Membership of a relevant professional institution or working towards IEng or ICE desirable
* Driving licence desirable
* Supervision of staff
* Experience and ability in carrying out highway studies, scheme identification, design and development control work
* Experience and ability in budget management and cost control
* Knowledge and experience of relevant design standards including DMRBW and other Highways England standards
* Proficient IT skills - experience in Civils 3D, Micro Drainage and PDS signs would be advantageous
* Good understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM
* Good understanding of Highways England processes, procedure and performance requirements
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Bristol-Bristol
Job: Engineering - Construction/Civils
Organization: Kier Group UK