about 1 year ago
Engineer - Highways
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, Associate and / or Technical Director the Engineer will be required to do hands on design on Highways projects. The successful post holder will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
· Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
· Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval
· Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
· Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Work within complete understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to owndiscipline team members
· Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications
· Constantly promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
· Comply with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures
· MEng (Hons) / BEng (Hons) / BSc / HND Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
· Completed or very nearly completed training agreements with a professional membership having been applied for or to be undertaken within the next 6 – 12 months. (IEng / CEng MICE / MIHT); candidate must have demonstrable “live” CPD / DAP.
· Min of 3 - 5 years’ experience
· Working on Highways and major projects including horizontal and vertical design of highways and roundabouts and urban junctions.
· Experience in the creation of detailed design drawings and specifications for tender and construction purposes
· Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
· Ability to undertake pavement and drainage design to current DMRB standardCompetent use of Traffic Signs Manual and TSRGD
· Working knowledge of relevant design software and standards
· Ability to act as competent designer.
Excellent Communication skills; Verbal & Written