6 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
We are looking for rounded individuals responsible for planning and managing the delivery of projects, including adequacy of design, compliance with standards and legislation, resource time, cost and quality.
A typical week would include:
* Use of modelling and engineering related packages such as MX and AutoCAD Civil3D,
* Drainage design (surface water) including use of Microdrainage Software package
* Highways and Pavement design to UK DMRB standards
* The right candidate shall be able to take on significant elements of design, either working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision or by taking a lead role working within multi-discipline project teams. Able to obtain and analyse information and report on findings.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning/detailed design and onto construction.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Civil Engineering
* Incorporated or Chartered Status (AMICE/MICE or equivalent) or equivalent demonstrable experience
* Be able to demonstrate clear and successful project management skills and technical competence in the field of highway engineering
* Full, clean driver’s license
* Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to push the boundaries of existing knowledge and the ability to take the lead outside of core discipline
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.