about 1 year ago
Main Purpose of the Job
The Flood Resilience and Climate Change team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for an Engineer. The team works on diverse flood resilience, flood alleviation, infrastructure, and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects providing effective project management and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· As Lead Engineer, manage scheme programmes, costing and design co-ordination
· Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
· Execute site-based or office functions, liaising with clients and other contractors’ staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
· Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projectsCarry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
· Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
· Comply with internal management system procedures.
· Civil Engineering degree or similar
· Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (ICE or CIWEM) or close to achieving this
· Minimum of two years’ experience of water based infrastructure projects
· A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices
· Previous experience of delivering infrastructure projects
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
· A practical knowledge and experience of earthworks and drainage design, assessment, maintenance work
· Planning, designing and implementing SUDS