19 days ago
ENGINEER - CRE TRACK (9 Month Fixed Term)
Job number: UK17357
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Maidenhead
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an ENGINEER - CRE TRACK (9 MONTH FIXED TERM) to join our Rail team to work in Maidenhead.
* Overall accountability for the day-to-day management, co-ordination and technical assurance of all engineering activities within a singular specific engineering discipline for the contract.
* To manage efficient deployment of Engineers providing controlled direction, support and mentorship to ensure all site engineering activities are safely delivered to high accuracy, quality and technically assured. To provide regular status reporting, problem solving and management in collaboration with the CEM.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* The CRE role and responsibilities are to be discharged in accordance with specific requirements of the Project, Network Rail standards, guidance notes and Project Advice Notes (PANs)
* Overall accountability for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of the technical and engineering activities and technical assurance within a specific engineering discipline for the contract compliant with NR/L2/INI/02009 and associated technical standards
* The discipline design and / or construction complies with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications
* The CRE shall manage the interface between design, construction and testing activities, whether it is a single appointment or multiple appointments for the single discipline
* CRE shall participate in the Interdisciplinary Design Check meetings (IDCs) with other all other discipline CREs to confirm that their design and the construction interfaces correctly with all other designs and construction activities and is safe to construct
* CRE shall implement a process that confirms the competence and availability of resource to be employed on the project by the organisation eg; site managers, site engineers / technicians, construction staff / managers, checkers and approvers
* Must implement and effective risk evaluation, assessment and briefing process
* Define, manage and measure all site engineering and the Technical Assurance implementation including management of inspection and test plans and all supporting inspection documentation
* Must not allow unapproved or prohibited products, materials, equipment etc to be used
* Management and deployment of all technical staff and engineers to deliver their duties
* Controlling the provision of sufficient calibrated setting out and surveying equipment
* Control and maintenance of As Built red line drawings
* Control of raising Technical Queries and manging responses to meet programme
* The CRE must manage all technical change and obtain approval before implementation
* Shall ensure compliance to Balfour Beatty Design Management and Operational engineering standardsAccountable for the approval of all Task Briefing Sheets. or delegated (in writing) to an approved competent person
* Must not allow any works to commence without approved AFC designs, work package plans, TBSs
* Responsible for technical and operational safe methodology through periodic site inspection, audits and peer reviews of high risk work plans and other technical documents
* Responsible for specified monitoring of existing infrastructure or elements of installed works
* Responsible for the management and application of the Common Safety Method including evidence collation & maintenance to prove compliance to stated safety requirements and measures
* Must endorse all relevant certificates for entry into service, such as Form 5 Fitness to be taken back into use at the end of each sift, Forms A-G (appropriate sections)
* Coordinate with the responsibilities of the Contractors Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance Manager
* Responsible for assisting the PD and PC in the delivery of safety by design and engineering and the development of the Health & Safety Files
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Collaborative and influential leadership skills
* Good resource management and priority decision maker
* High customer focus and passionate right first time approach
* Undertakes performance improvement action where required
* MICE CEng (preferred)
* Min HNC / HND Civil Engineering
* Relevant experience in similar role
* Robust knowledge of site engineering practices and equipment
* Excellent managerial skills
* Good programme commercial and personable acumen
* IT proficient
* Process control orientated
* Self-motivated Approachable and diplomatic
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.