4 months ago
Engineer- Local Roads Maintenance - Hertford
Due to staff redeployment we require an engineer to be placed within the local roads maintenance team; to project manage a walk and build package.
* Project Manage the delivery of a highway maintenance carriageway or footway package of works.
* Preparation of technical assessments, quantity estimates and contract schedules for highway maintenance surfacing schemes.
* Maintaining and updating data bases and Council records.
* Ensuring tasks are planned and delivered to time, quality and budget
* Ensuring Health and Safety responsibilities and other company procedures are followed
* Being a proactive and collaborative team member supporting others with their workloads when required, working closely with colleagues, and fitting seamlessly into the Whole Client Service.
* Proactively minimising the number and magnitude of delivery issues that arise, by working closely with various contractors and council departments.
* Handle casework in a timely and appropriate manner, effectively and efficiently, while showing due regard to HCC policy and procedures.
Key benefits of the role include:
* Providing support for, and being a key player in effective delivery, with a team of engineers in a complex programme of works.
* Competitive salary and benefits package including pension and employee discount purchasing programmes
* A great opportunity to learn and develop both work place skills and as a team player.
To apply for the role you will need:
* Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation; is a real team player.
* Effective time management and strong organisational skills to meet deadlines see tasks through to completion.
* Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Confidence to politely maintain the authority's position, despite pressure from parties requiring different outcomes
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in facilitating contract works who would like to expand their skill set to the engineering sector, within a great team of high performers.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.
Please click here to download our Benefits Flyer.