4 months ago
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Why you would want this role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team of domain leading experts within a Aircraft Connectivity and other adjacent connectivity growth technologies such as those contributing to the 5G/IoT connected everything initiatives.
Principally a satellite communications based team concentrating on Inmarsat L-band and Ka Band Global Xpress, we also have significant influence in other related technologies such air to ground (ATG) -LTE, M2M, UAS and VHF communication and others throughout Honeywell. In addition, increasingly we have a keen involvement in the security domains and issues surrounding shared communications links throughout the Aircraft. We are actively involved in Government initiatives in this domain, notably ARTES, IRIS, ANTARES, SESAR, Clean Sky II.
What are we looking for?
Candidates should have a good breadth and depth of embedded software experience in C or C++ with Telecommunications experience. The ideal incumbent will have blend of software and telecoms expertise. DSP and RF experience is desirable but not essential.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The primary role of the job includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Architectural design and partitioning of major embedded software components
• Design, documentation and coding of real-time embedded software in accordance with the software development life-cycle in C and C++
• Development of test harnesses and frameworks for module and integration testing of code in a host development environment as well as on the target
• Development of device drivers and interrupt routines on 16-bit and 32-bit MPUs and micro-controllers
What skills and requirements do you need?
• Graduate or MSc. qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering ideally.
• Working knowledge within telecommunications industry in a wireless product development environment, either in satellite communications or cellular a distinct advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of C++, or C with experience in another Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, C#)
• Experience of Python, or other scripting languages is an advantage
• Knowledge and experience of Object Oriented design principles (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns)
• Experience with test frameworks and test design principles
• Ability to employ common real-time embedded test equipment to debug and profile software on a target, E.G. Logic analysers, Protocol Analysers, ICE, etc.
• A system-level understanding of wireless communications systems from RF/Layer 1 up to protocol layers is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of network and interface protocols such as BGAN, Global Xpress, TCP/IP, Ethernet, ISDN, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, TETRA and Wi-Fi.
Apply prescriptive methodology to project tasks
Collaborate with engineering teams
Perform specification review
Exchange task level information
Prepare or update reports and documentation
* Continued Professional Development
* Some Travel Required
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD8297
* Category: Engineering
* Location: GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.