6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position is to support engineering by completing the test and investigation of electrical/ electronic equipment. This would include mechanical/ electrical/ electronic build of units under test & test equipment, writing technical reports, gathering test data and using test equipment. This would require multi-tasking tasks to a timeframe.
* Understand electronic and mechanical drawings
* Following procedures, technical drawings and schematics
* Completing technical reports: experience in the using windows 7 & 10, Excel, word. (To compile test results & write technical reports)
* Multi-tasking and working to a timeframe. Being thorough in completion of tasks and working to detail
* Keeping a safe working area and work to the 5 Ss
* Using the 5 fundamentals of an HSE day
* Operating pressure (deadweight, screw press and auto controlled, plumbing/fitting of manifolds for pressure test) and temperature (ovens), electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment
* Operation investigation and test of BHGE (Zenith) equipment
* Operation of MV test equipment
* Setup of units undertest and test equipment, and gathering data. (This includes being competent in the use of communications RS485 (single or multi-channel), RS232, current loop, ethernet and computer systems)
* The use of Zenith and third-party software in test and operation of equipment
* Having a HND or B.Sc. in electronic electrical engineering
* Trained/Certificate in soldering to IPC standard would be an advantage
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Have excellent manual skills; soldering to IPC standards, build of PCBs, experience in cabinet electrical wiring
* Background in instrumentation, use of test equipment, electronic PCB build, and test
* Being able to work independently or as part of a team.
* Experience in MV would be an advantage: ESP Drive, motor, flash and megger tester
* Experience with pressure hydraulic fittings and mechanical fitting would be an advantage
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen